Thursday, February 18, 2021

 Suck-sess

Somebody was passing by Rigel...


So that whole thing about astrophotography not being a sprint it's a marathon, sometimes you stumble right out of the starting block.

I was trying to shoot the Witch's Head nebula, a super-cool looking cloud of dust faintly illuminated by the star Rigel in the Orion constellation but the lack of a dark sky, the moon glow, city glow, that stupid street light 30 feet away, my five-hour attempt is for naught. 

All I have to show is this picture of an airplane ruining one of my frames.

Rigel in the Orion constellation. It is the left foot of the
Hunter and is 850 light years from Earth.


I did learn that faint targets are meant for the city lights so I just add this to my data base and wait for the next clear night.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Field of view  Orion Nebula imaged at 2030mm with a Celestron Edge HD 8 When I first started looking at getting a telescope everybody was li...